Slide gates are devices used to close/open outlets from bins, chain conveyors and other process equipment within process lines.
Slide gates are devices used to close/open outlets from bins, chain conveyors and other process equipment within process lines. It is intended for handling bulk materials such as grains, pulses and oilseeds, biomass and granulates.
Slide gates are typically painted in RAL 1015. Optionally, it is possible to use other colours. At the Client’s request, the device may be carried out in stainless steel and galvanised versions.
The slide gate may have two types of discharge: discharge like charge (DLC) or discharge over the entire length (DOEL).
- Slide gate body – is made as a steel structure. It is the supporting structure for the drive and the slide gate; it also includes components used to fix the slide gate to other devices.
- Damper (slide gate), which, as it moves, opens and closes the raw material transfer channel
- Drive (pneumatic – the damper is moved using a pneumatic actuator; electric – the damper is moved using a trapezoidal screw driven by a geared motor; manual – depending on the type of the slide valve, the damper is moved by a knob or a chain wheel)
- Set of sensors
Types of slide gates
- slide gates for bins and silos (ZPZ) – designed to close and open transport routes, usually installed directly under bins and silos
- slide gates for chain conveyors (ZPR) – designed to close and open discharge openings in chain conveyors, they are fixed directly to the bottom of the conveyor
- louvre slide gates – these are used to open and close the discharge route at places where it is not possible to use standard slide gates. Owing to their design, they allow larger openings than slides for bins and silos to be closed; they can also be installed directly under devices or bins. They are equipped with a multi-hole damper which allows relatively long openings to be opened at a minimum actuator stroke.